Saturday, January 28, 2012

Cloud 9

Yesterday was easily on my "Top 100 favorite days". Not that I have a list or anything but if I did…
I woke up yesterday, got an awesome picture for my passport…
Met with my new AMAZING physiology tutor Becca. She is seriously an angel…
Volunteered at the Nursing Home and painted nails and gossiped for an hour and a half…
Went to class and found out that, oh yeah…

I'M GOING TO LIVE IN GHANA AFRICA FOR 90 DAYS THIS SUMMER.



This is a Field Study Research Project through Brigham Young University where I get the opportunity to spend 90 days in Ghana with three other very lovely ladies and research a topic of my choice. It is in the beginning stages. So far the research question posed is "What traditional/cultural healing treatments are used in maternal and neonatal care compared to the hospitals and clinics with "westernized medicine" in Ghana?" This will change many times and I know there is lots of research I need to do before I even think about pulling out a suitcase. 
But I am on cloud 9. 
LIFE IS GOOD, OH SO GOOD. 
I am so richly blessed in my life and so grateful for this fantastic opportunity. 
If you want updates on my progress you can check out on my other blog strictly for my Ghana research at nataliejblake.blogspot.com 

xoxo Thrifter-Sister

2 comments:

  1. sounds like an amazing opportunity!You will never regret it :) we are so excited for you. While at Byu rob went to Tanzania and said it changed his life! He loved that experience! Granted we are sad that our fav person won't be back in houston this summer... However we will still get to see you sometime right??? :) Such wonderful news!!! Can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura you're so sweet! Thanks! Let's arrange something when I'm home in August! I want to see you and your adorable family.

      Delete